Friday, October 30, 2009

Those are the rules that I just made up.

AND I'M BACKING IT UP WITH THIS GUN that was brought to me by the National Rifle Association.

Gotta love Eddie.

I've found myself in a chat room more often. This one is called Meez. It's a virtual avatar site where you create your person to your liking and have them interact with other avatars. The site is designed for youths but many people over 18 use it as well. These people are called Meezer Geezers.

A big warning about the site, however, is VERY corporate. It gets by mostly by paid sponsors and constant ads before each page that cannot be skipped unless you are a VIP, which you pay for monthly. The VIP option gives you other goodies of course. Also, to buy clothes and furniture for yourself and your room, respectively, costs coinz. You earn these by reading the newsletter, taking corporate surveys (BAD IDEA) or playing games. However, you can purchase coinz with a credit card too, or buy a "Meez Card" at your local supermarket or convenience store. Now you are a consumer whore.

Thing is, it's still very fun. I've made almost 40 friends that I keep in constant contact with on the site and we meet regularly. I know that sounds like a lot of people and it is, especially when I'm only on two hours a day. Maybe three or four if I have nothing to do.

Here's a shot:

Meez2

The two people to the right are my friends Michelle and Jeff. Michelle is a moderator for the site, keeping it clean for all those stupid little fuckers.

So as you can tell, social networking is a huge time suck. Excuse me. I must return to Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Is it so wrong to be a twitter fiend? Especially when people are actually following you? =) Good blog yo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a huge time suck. But I wouldn't go on it if I didn't enjoy it x]

    ReplyDelete