Thursday, July 9, 2009

We are rock 'n roll, yes we are so ghetto.

Title from "Ghetto Rock" by Mos Def off of his album "The New Danger." I highly recommend his new album, "The Ecstatic." Full of spirit, very upbeat, positivity flowing and surprisingly clean for a modern rap album that doesn't suck. Yes I think it's better than Eminem's new album, which I just can't get through. I guess I miss the first two albums.

Job search today wielded sparse results. MAY have an interview next week with two places but I'm not holding my breath. I have applied to 12 stores in the past two weeks. They're not even bought at the tax incentive, more info on that later. Point is, I can't find a job.

It's hard to pick a favorite Kevin Smith movie. He's my current favorite director and I love all his movies dearly (except for "Jersey Girl," which in my world, he didn't make), but find myself switching between what my favorite is. I actually did the right thing and watched the Askewniverse movies in order. "Clerks" is just an experience for me. It's so simple yet the conversations that I WISH I had at my past jobs are so satisfying, as well as the customers' reactions. I know that when "Clerks II" came out, a ton of teens that had never seen any of his movies went and saw it and considered it his best, claiming the original wasn't as mainstream. Yes I love the sequel, but it is just not his best movie.

Keep it gangsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment